The best science questions about biology. Covering a range of topics from basic definitions to key discoveries and pioneers, these questions provide a fun and engaging way to explore the world of biology. Whether you're a student, a scientist, or just someone curious about the natural world, these questions are sure to entertain and educate.
- What is NOT one of the main principles of biology?
- Who was the first scientist to observe insects, sometimes referred to as the "mother of biology"?
- Which one of these is not a characteristic of fungus?
- Who is credited with providing the foundation for the study of genetics, or inheritance?
- Who invented the microscope?
- What is the binomial term for humans?
- Who discovered cells?
- How many parts does a plant have?
- What is the widely accepted method of taxonomy among biologists?
- What is the very basic definition of biology, derived from the Greek bios + logos?
- Who came up with the theory of natural selection, other than Charles Darwin?
- What is a DNA molecule made of?
- What is a vertebrate?
- What is the basic unit of life?
- From whom or where did biology as a field of study originate?
- How many systems does the human organism have?
- Who discovered homeostasis?