World History0 / 6250
Questions about global events from the 19th-21st centuries
- Why was Nelson Mandela sentenced to prison for life in 1964?
- When was the independent Republic of Kenya formed?
- What did not lead to the 2015 financial collapse of Greece?
- Which Chinese dynasty built the most famous section of the Great Wall, in the 14-17th centuries?
- Columbian Pablo Escobar was known for what?
- What was the magnitude of India's largest earthquake and where did it happen?
- In what year did Korea split into North and South?
- When did Israel invade Lebanon over a claim about Palestine Liberation Organization fighters, starting a war?
- In 1947, who was declared India's leader in independence?
- At which job did Mao Tse-Tsung encounter his biggest influences in the CCP, right before the May Fourth Movement?
- When did Mikhail Gorbachev become president of the USSR?
- Which countries have NOT been in dispute over the Sea of Japan?
- Who drew up plans for an invasion of Cuba while living in the US in 1894?
- Which country founded the oldest city in the United States?
- The Aberfam disaster happened where, and killed mostly whom?
- Who was the first woman to become Prime Minister of the UK?
- Who was the first woman to become Prime Minister of Germany?
- Who was the first (and only thus far) woman to become Prime Minister of France?
- Which document was the impetus for allowing the US to govern its interests in Latin America, thus leading to the Banana Wars?
- At least how many, from which ethnic group, were killed during the 100-day Rwandan genocide?