Ancient History I
Mesopotamia, Egypt and More
- Cuneiform is one of the oldest instances of what?
- According to the New Testament, Akeldama is a plot of land purchased with Judas Iscariot's 30 pieces of silver and became his final resting place. What is this field known as?
- Which system of laws states that: "to make justice visible in the land, to destroy the wicked person and the evil-doer, that the strong might not injure the weak."?
- The Xia Dynasty was overthrown by which figure who became the first king of the Shang Dynasty?
- King Amenhotep IV (Akhenaten) became the first pharaoh to embrace monotheism. Which god did this worship center around?
- The First Punic War was held during 264–241 BC between which groups?
- The Great Sphinx of Giza is generally believed to be a representation of which ruler?
- Mesopotamia falls between which two rivers?
- Mesopotamia largely occupied a country known as what today?
- Philip II of Macedonia came to conquer most of what region?
- The founding of Carthage was said to be the result of Princess Elyssa fleeing her brother the king of Tyre. Who was this figure?
- Britannia was fortified by the Roman Wall; what else is this structure known as?
- Sargon the Great, is known as the first person to rule over an empire. Which empire did he oversee?
- Phoenicians were known for what major export?
- Which war between Athens and Sparta ended in the signing of the Peace of Nicias?