Popular Music0 / 6250
1960s to Present
- What year did Peter Gabriel leave Genesis?
- Brian Jones, the founding member of the Rolling Stones, used his success to purchase the estate of which well-known author?
- Marvin Gaye's "What's Going On" was inspired by what event?
- What was the first instance of all four original members of Led Zeppelin recording music together?
- Parliament's first gold single was called?
- Billy Joel's first album "Cold Spring Harbor" was horribly distorted and received harsh criticism because of Joel's high pitched voice. What caused this to happen?
- The first album release as a part of Bob Dylan's "Jesus Period" was called what?
- "Desire" by U2 incorporates which of the following elements into the song?
- Which of the following was not a single released by the Eurythmics?
- Who taught George Harrison to play the sitar?
- Which of the following is not a song by the group New Order?
- Who were the founding members of the Ramones?
- John Lennon once spoke with the members of which group to start a new band with while he was still with the Beatles?
- The Who disbanded in 1982. What reason was given for this from their then-drummer Kenney Jones?
- Pink Floyd's 1973 album "Dark Side of the Moon" was recorded at which studio?
- Who is the session drummer who's recorded with Ry Cooder, John Lennon, George Harrison, Ringo Starr, Harry Nilsson and Bob Dylan?
- "You've Really Got a Hold on Me" was a hit song in 1962 for which performer?
- Aretha Franklin got her start singing where?
- Elton John before becoming well-known auditioned and was turned away from which group?
- The first member of the Beatles to have a No. 1 hit single after they broke up was who and with what song?