Modern US History II0 / 6500
1900 - Present; Mostly about the Reagan & Clinton administrations
- The 1994 Midterm Elections are credited for inflaming partisan politics in America due to which member of Congress becoming Speaker of the House?
- Bush 41 sent American troops to the Middle East in summer of 1990 which would become known as the start of the Gulf War. What sparked this decision?
- The first woman to be appointed to be an associate justice of the Supreme Court was?
- The Oklahoma City Bombing targeted which building?
- Who was the first president to visit the Arctic Circle while serving in office?
- Gerald Ford did not use the name of his biological father and had it changed from what?
- Which law repealed by Bill Clinton was a seminal cause of the 2007 financial crisis?
- Who was the first celebrity to testify before Congress?
- Bush 43 was famously where when he received the fateful news of the American Airlines crash into the North Tower of the WTC?
- The so-called "Brooks Brothers riot" during the 2000 presidential election occurred in which Florida county?
- Reagan delivered his famous line "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" on June 12, 1987. Which wall was he referring to?
- During the Waco Siege of 1993, the military surrounded the compound of David Koresh and which group?
- Nixon was asked by his party to resign over what political scandal?
- Anita Hill testified about sexual misconduct at the confirmation hearing of which figure?
- Senator Joseph McCarthy instituted which policy to combat the Second Red Scare?
- NASA was created during which administration?
- The 1979 Oil Crisis was triggered by what?
- Bill Clinton was impeached by the House of Representatives in what year?
- Bush 43 proposed the failed Federal Marriage Amendment aimed to do what?